Thursday, September 3, 2009

Watching Paint Dry

In our master bedroom there is an alcove. We have an armoire there with the television in it. It's pretty but it sticks out into the room and the only place you can view the television is from the bed. I don't know about you but I am not a fan of watching television in the bed unless I am getting ready to go to sleep or having coffee first thing. So my husband (more skilled with a nail gun and a saw than me) created an entertainment center. I'll post pictures when the job is complete. In order for it to be durable I am painting it with an oil base paint. Letting the paint dry has got to be the most boring part of the project. So I'm sitting here having breakfast and flipping through the latest Grandinroad catalog. Martha Stewart is featured for the Halloween season. Some may remember that I have love-hate feelings for 'Ms. Its a Good Thing.' Anyway, she has the cutest Halloween labels that you can put on bottles...very creative. Here is a picture of some of the labels. Aren't they cute?




Maybe I'll make my own while I watch the second coat dry.

1 comment:

Glitter & Bliss said...

They are the absolute cutest!! I love these. OK.. I loved your crystal idea. We have also hired a seamstress to make euro and standard pillows with the same designs and yes....we are tying twine and crystals around the pillows. Great minds think alike. I would love to follow your blog. You should add a "follow me" gadget to your blog.