Saturday, January 24, 2009

Island of the Lost Chotchka

Have you ever been somewhere and could kick yourself for not having a camera? My friend and I were in Chamblee, Georgia the other day and we stopped in to My Favorite Place. If you live in Georgia and like a good "treasure" shop then you'll know the place. This isn't Scott Antiques this is the Island of the Lost Chotchka. As a child I remember going to the donut shop next door before the My Favorite Place moved in. There must be at least 10,000 sq ft of wall to wall (I'm not kidding folks) of junk, treasures, fab finds and deals. I did spot 6 dining chairs ($70 for all 6) with cane backs and pop out seats that would look fabulous with a little paint and some new fabric seats. Also, spotted a 4' round table, again just a little paint, for $80! So you can find a diamond in the rough. I've been looking for some crusty old columns and they had a pair BUT they were sold already.

If you want a good adventure and don't mind a little dust then this is the place is for you.

No comments: